Seasons Centre Educational Day on Childhood Trauma: A Hopeful Story
: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
What is Early Childhood Trauma?
What is its impact on kids?
What is the physiological impact on brain development?
What can we do in our daily practices as service providers, educators and parents to mitigate the impact of early trauma?
Are there specific tools or approaches that I can use to help kids feel safe?
DAYTIME SESSION 9:00am - 4:00pm
Daytime Registrants must register for a breakout session at registration page
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Stuart Shanker (D.Phil.)
Join Dr. Shanker for an enlightening learning experience that will change the way you think about children and the challenges they face, including grief and trauma. Rooted in decades of neuroscience, Shanker Self-Reg is about understanding, not managing, behaviour.
Guest Speaker: Dr. Ben Kline is currently a part-time Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at McMaster University. He is also a Developmental Pediatrician and Medical Director at Landsdowne Children's Centre in Bradford and a Consultant Pediatrician at Brantford General Hospital.
* Loss/Grief - Michelle Harris, MSW, RSW, Certified Clinical Traumatologist
* Intergenerational Trauma - Gertie Beaucage
* Balancing Demands/Managing Expectations - Dr. Jennifer Saltzman- Benaiah
* When Addiction Invites Trauma to Join the Family: Anticipating Consequences to Create Hope - Valerie Good, M.Div., B.A., R.P., and Lyle Peterson, MSW, RSW
* Childhood Abuse - A Disclosure has been made- Now what? Working with children who have been victims of physical or sexual abuse. Samantha Ward- Child and Youth Advocacy Centre Simcoe Muskoka, and Christa Folz, Simone Pobega & Sue van Yzendoorn- Regional Centre for Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect, Orillia Soldiersâ Memorial Hospital
EVENING SESSION for parents & caregivers: 600pm - 9:00pm
Free with Registration
Building Resilience through Self-Reg and Co-Regulation - Dr. Stuart Shanker
Toolkit Ideas -various agencies
: April 15th, 2021 at 9:00am
: April 15th, 2021 at 4:00pm